Tuition Fee Structure*: School Year 2017 – 2018
*The new Fee Structure includes different fees for different divisions: Lower School, Middle School and Upper School.
** During the school year 2017-2018, AISM is extending its program of studies to 10th grade.
***Required for new families, and must be paid at the time of enrollment.
Board of Trustees Approved Sibling Discount: (Extended to 2018 by Board of Trustees)
Understanding the unique challenging circumstances faced by many of our families, the Board of Trustees agreed to extend the Multiple Sibling Tuition Model for an additional year, until June 2018. For families with multiple children enrolled at AISM, the first child in each family will be charged full tuition, and a 5% discount will be offered for each subsequent sibling. This discount for the 2017-2018 School Year is only valid for siblings in ECE III and higher.
- Due to Liberian banking regulations, foreign checks are NOT permitted for AISM tuition payments.
- All Incoming wire charges/fees are the responsibility of the payer.
- AISM is a private, non-profit school for the benefit of the local and foreign communities and is governed and directed as set forth in the school’s bylaws and policies. The institution falls under the legal jurisdiction of the laws, rules and regulations of Liberia.
- A student must be 3 years old, on or before, October 31st of the year of entry to be considered for admission in EYP. Students must be 5 years old, on or before October 31st, to be enrolled in ECE III class. First grade is available for students who are 6 years of age on or before October 31st.
- The school maintains a strict policy of no tuition refunds. This policy applies to all cases of student withdrawal or situations where the student does not commence studies at AISM, including force majeure school closure. The Board of Trustees maintains the right to evaluate and/or enforce this policy.
- All school policies of AISM are available in the office, or at www.aismonrovia.com.
April 11 2017,
Dear Parents of the American International School of Monrovia,
On behalf of the Board of Trustees, I would like to recognize the important roles that members of our local, corporate, diplomatic, and NGO communities all play in creating the rich fabric of our vibrant AISM family. Indeed this has been an extremely productive academic year. I would also like to thank all of our community members for their continued use of our ‘quality communication’ model, which allows parents to work directly with the Director, or their students’ teachers, in addressing any specific concerns.
The Board of Trustees has recently completed our deliberations on AISM’s fee structure for the 2017 – 2018 school year. During our discussions, we identified several areas that we deemed critical to our tuition model:
- Our commitment to maintaining a high-quality individualized academic program
- The number of staff needed to deliver this type of individualized program
- Our commitment to maintaining a high percentage of qualified and certified teachers to support our fully U.S. accredited Middle States Educational program
- The need to normalize our fee structure by applying different fees for different divisions: Lower School, Middle School and High School.
- The need to fund a high quality program of study for an additional school year as we expand to Grade 10.
- The Board’s commitment to carrying out needed improvements to AISM’s physical plant
- The perceived financial impact of our fees on our stakeholder community during extremely complex economic
- times in Liberia.
The 2017 - 2018 Tuition Model provided on page two reflects our best effort to be true to the spirit of a nonprofit institution, without risking the quality of education that you, as parents, expect and deserve to receive from the American International School of Monrovia. The Board of Trustees hopes that this notification will allow you sufficient time to make the necessary arrangements for payment, prior to our first day back in classes for the first trimester, by August 21th, 2017.
President of the AISM Board of Trustees