Tuition Fee Structure*: the School Year 2017 – 2018
April 30th, 2018
RE: Economic Tuition Model for the American International School of Monrovia: 2018 – 2019
Dear AISM Community,
On behalf of the Board of Trustees, I would like to thank you for choosing the American International School of
Monrovia to educate your students. This is a privilege that we take very seriously. During the Year of the
Mountain Zebra, we have truly worked together to help our students live our mission -- motivating each
student to achieve their individual goals and to reach their full academic potential.
The Board of Trustees and I have recently completed our deliberations on AISM’s fee structure for the 2018 –
2019 School Year. During our discussions, we identified several areas that we deemed critical to our tuition
• Our commitment to continue to maintain a high-quality, individualized data-driven, academic program
• The quantity and quality of the teaching staff needed to deliver this type of individualized program
• Our commitment to maintaining a high number of standard English speakers as teachers in our program
• Our commitment to carrying out needed improvements and renovations to AISM’s physical plant
• Our commitment to continuing to implement and use technology to prepare our students for success
beyond the American International School of Monrovia
• AISM’s drive to use the most advanced assessment and testing systems to ensure that ALL our students
achieve measurable student growth
• The servicing of the loan that transformed the former American Cooperative School into our new
modern AISM facility. The servicing of this loan is a significant component of the overall school
As we are all aware, these are extremely complex economic times in Liberia. The approved Economic Model
contains the entire cost of your student’s education, and reflects our best effort to be true to the spirit of a nonprofit
institution, without risking the quality of education that you, as parents, expect and deserve to receive
from the American International School of Monrovia.
The Board of Trustees and I hope this notification will give you sufficient time to make the necessary
arrangements for payment, prior to our first day back in classes for the first semester, on August 20th, 2018.
If any of the above information is in any way unclear, or if you have any questions, please contact our office or
email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to the Director at
David Kol, Chair of the AISM Board of Trustees.
*The 2018 – 2019 Economic Model continues to have different fees for different divisions: Lower School,
Middle School and High School.
** During 2018-2019 School Year, AISM will continue its program of studies to 10thgrade.
- Students who are new to the American International School of Monrovia will be required to pay a onetime
$4,000 capital levy fee for students in Grades ECE III – Grade 10.
- Students in EYP are required to pay the capital levy fee of $2,000 if they enter at ages 3 or 4, with the
balance of $2,000 to be paid when entering ECE III.
AISM Board of Trustees Approved Sibling Discount (Extended to 2019):
Understanding the unique challenging circumstances faced by many of our families, the Board of Trustees
agreed to extend the Multiple Sibling Tuition Model for an additional year, until June 2019. For families with
multiple children enrolled at AISM, the first child in each family will be charged full tuition, and a 5% discount
will be offered for each subsequent sibling. This discount for the 2018-2019 School Year is only valid for
siblings in ECE III and higher.
FULL YEAR TUITION DISCOUNT PLANS*
(Only available for returning families who pay the full year to our school’s TD Bank in the United States,
prior to June 15th, 2018)
Ø AISM offers an Early Payment Discount. For parents who pay by June 15th, 2018,
a 2% discount will be granted.
Ø For students receiving the Multiple Sibling Discount, the early payment discount will be
calculated separately, on the basis of the full tuition rate. There will be a total discount of 7% for
qualifying siblings if the full tuition is paid by June 15th, 2018.